Our V.E.T.S. Program: Investing in One of America’s Greatest Untapped Resources
Under our V.E.T.S.™ (Vocation, Education and Training for Service members) Program, Sharp Decisions hires tech-savvy, post-9/11 U.S. armed forces veterans as salaried/benefited employees while undergoing intensive, boot camp-like technology training. We then deploy them in squads to maximize impact and build their careers.
It’s an opportunity for us to do the right thing as corporate citizens, and the benefits to our clients are immediate, measurable and cost-effective. This initiative is grounded in the military’s most treasured and timeless principle of teamwork and functions as double duty in the marketplace: creating promising career opportunities for veterans while bringing Quality Assurance/User Acceptance Testing jobs back to America that have long been outsourced to overseas vendors.
A comprehensive and broad training curriculum is a critical component of the V.E.T.S. program. Highly qualified veterans are taken through a training program that prepares them for the real world of Quality Assurance & Software Testing, Business Analysis, PMO and Project Management, and Production Support; ready to apply these skills, methodologies, techniques, strategies and tactics, including:
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Project Management – and PM tools
- Functional Decomposition and RUP analysis techniques
- Various pragmatic testing techniques (including White, Box, Black Box, Smoke Leak, Unit Testing, Integration System and Regression Testing, and UAT Testing)
- Production Support – processes and tools
- Project Governance and Compliance
No matter how difficult or daunting the challenge, the disciplined, accountable and highly trained consultants in our V.E.T.S. Program bring additional levels of resolve and resourcefulness to our clients’ teams. Their training enables them to apply the appropriate mix of creativity and perseverance to overcome obstacles and complete the mission, lessons learned throughout their time in the military that has carried over into their consultancy work.
These veterans completed a project in two weeks at a client site that would take the average civilian consultant three months to finish. “In the military you need to accomplish the mission,” V.E.T.S. Program participant David Tejada said. “One month of dedicated training was the equivalent to a full year of work experience.”
Performance Under Pressure
The greatest client benefit of our V.E.T.S. Program is the veterans themselves: men and women whose experiences and characters have been forged on some of the most challenging mission-critical projects in some of the world’s most inhospitable locations.
They bring leadership, an unparalleled work ethic, strong self-motivation and a respect for each client’s unique culture and chain of command. They also bring a no-nonsense approach to getting results for our clients and have become trusted, indispensable assets to our clients.
How We Are Unique
We are the first firm in our industry to launch a program that provides intensive IT training and then deploys veterans in squads to maximize impact and build their careers. This initiative is entirely funded by Sharp Decisions, without government assistance of any type and without impacting the veterans’ GI Bill benefits.
The V.E.T.S. Program is an important extension of our company and aligns perfectly with the Sharp Decisions commitment to offering the best talent and solutions to our clients. Infusing your organization with highly trained and disciplined armed forces veterans from our V.E.T.S. Program is a smart business decision. This program is the first of its kind to bring Quality Assurance/User Acceptance Testing onshore at competitive offshore rates.
V.E.T.S. Program At-a-Glance
- Sharp Decisions hires and trains returning post-9/11 veterans, transitioning them back into the work force and providing them with greatly enhanced career opportunity.
- After they have completed our intensive training program, we deploy teams of up to 20+ professionals to clients, each managed by a highly experienced professional with business and technical expertise.
- We can deploy these teams to a client location or our fully secure, networked facilities. Sharp Decisions handles the work, while you reap the rewards.
- Hear from our veterans.